Many personal issues arise for the internationally mobile employee:
- What happens to my retirement account in my home country while I work in the U.S.?
- When and where should I exercise stock options I carry with me in order to minimize taxation?
- What can I do to avoid paying tax in two countries on the same income?
- Should I buy real estate? What if I am relocated? What about investing in the 401(k) Plan when I am internationally mobile?
- What if I should die while on an international assignment or relocation: how would my family be provided for and where would I be taxed?
- What are the tax ramifications of holding the green card? What if I get transferred out of the U.S.?
- What is the best investment strategy to employ given my highly mobile position with the Company? How can I minimize taxes worldwide?
Our consultants are experienced in working with individuals on such matters as investment planning, retirement planning and income tax planning. We can advise you on the tax consequences of gifting and setting up trusts as well as estate planning in general.